At St. Peter Early Childhood Center, we believe that building a relationship between parents and teachers is the foundation for the child’s positive experiences in school. Families are their children’s first teachers and they have a powerful effect on their young children’s development. Family engagement during the first years of life can support a preschool child’s readiness for school and ongoing academic and lifelong success.
Your participation is eagerly welcomed in our program. Your involvement can take many forms. Some ways in which you may choose to participate include, but are not limited to:
Help us get to know you
Prior to the first day of school we encourage families to:
- Visit your classroom to meet the teacher.
- Provide information about your child’s interests, favorite toys, nap routines, likes and dislikes.
- For children whose first language is not English, provide a list of words or phrases in the child’s native language.
- Share your goals and priorities for your child.
- Provide photographs of your families for display in the classroom where children can easily see them.